The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs that extract waste from blood, balance body fluids, form urine, and aid in other important functions of the body. The core actions are to:
- Excrete Waste to filter out toxins, excess salts and urea.
- Balance water level in body when water intake decreases.
- To Regulate and restore normal blood pressure by constricting and retaining blood flow
- Red blood cell regulation by producing more oxygen-carrying red blood cells when the kidneys don’t get enough oxygen.
- Regulate the acid produced by the food to keep a healthy balance of these chemicals.
Like all other organs, if not taken care of, diseases can come symptom-free, you may not notice anything wrong before you’ve suffered irreparable damage. And since prevention is better than cure, to prevent getting in that situation, I advise you to:
- Drink enough water daily. If there aren’t any strenuous activities on that day, an average person should drink 3Litres of water to keep kidney strong and healthy.
- Probiotics should be taken as a daily supplement as it helps your kidney break down waste materials and contribute to the overall digestive health.
- Cut down on food containing high phosphorous, such as fish and poultry. When the kidney does not function well, the phosphor accumulation can cause threatening effects to the body such as hardening of tissue and heart disorder.
- Drink green juice to detoxify.
- Some foods work well with the kidney for example watermelon, apple, cabbage, garlic, peppers and many more. Identify them and consume more compared to the others.
- Exercise and lose weight.
- Stop smoking. The toxins damage your kidney.
- Avoid painkillers. It increases the risk of developing kidney cancer.
Author: Anndy Lian
(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, dietitian nor nutritionist I do not claim to cure any cause, condition or disease. All information is intended only to help you cooperate with your doctor, in your efforts toward desirable weight levels and health. Only your doctor can determine what is right for you.You should always do what is right for your own personal life.)
- Image Credit: Pixabay